Privacy Notice for Students under 18 (and their parents/guardians) and Adult Learners
By applying for and/or attending an ETB school, centre, course or programme, you acknowledge that your personal data (including special category personal data) shall be processed by Cavan and Monaghan Education and Training Board (CMETB). This Privacy Notice gives you some helpful information about who we are what personal data we collect about you, why, who we share it with and why, how long we keep it, and your rights. If you need more information, please see our Data Protection Policy available at www.cmetb.ie
- When you are a student with CMETB, we collect and use your personal data. The type of information we collect about you depends on various factors, such as whether you are under 18-years or an adult learner, the type of course you are enrolled on etc. The personal data we collect can include information about your identity and contact details; images/photo (including CCTV); family details; admission/enrolment details; previous schools; academic progress; PPS number; special educational needs; nationality; language; religion; medical data; information about behaviour and attendance; information about health, safety and welfare; financial information (re fees, grants, scholarships etc.); and other personal data. Further details of the data we collect about you can be found in section 2 of our Data Protection Policy. If you are under 18 years when you enrol, we collect the name, address, contact details and other information about your parents/guardians. If you are under 18 years, your parent/guardian is consulted and asked to give consent for certain things like taking your photograph, going on school trips etc. We use your personal data for purposes including: your application for enrolment; to provide you with appropriate education and support; to monitor your academic progress; to care for your health and well-being; to care for our staff and students; to process grant applications and scholarships; to coordinate, evaluate, fund and organise educational programmes; to comply with our legal obligations as an education body; to comply with our monitoring and reporting obligations to Government bodies, and EU funding bodies; to process appeals, resolve disputes, and defend litigation etc. For further information on what data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, and the legal basis for same, please go to section 2 of our Data Protection Policy available at cmetb.ie
- We share your personal data with third parties, including other Government bodies. This includes the State Examinations Commission, the Department of Education and Skills, NCSE, SOLAS, SUSI, HEA, QQI, TUSLA, An Garda Síochána, HSE, the Department of Social Protection, the Revenue Commissioners etc. The level of sharing and the nature of what is shared depend on various factors, including the nature of the course you are undertaking/enrolled on. The Government bodies to which we transfer your personal data will use your personal data for their own purposes (including: to verify other information they already hold about you, for fraud prevention measures, etc.) and they may aggregate it with other information they already hold about you and your family. We also share your personal data with other third parties including our insurance company and other service providers (including IT providers, security providers, legal advisors etc.), and other schools/colleges and bodies in the further education and training sector, apprenticeship providers, work-experience placements and future employers etc. We are legally required to provide certain records relating to the progress of a student (under 18 years) in his/her education to the student’s parents/guardians, including results of examinations. For further information on who we share your data with, when and in what circumstances, and why, please see section 3 of our Data Protection Policy available at cmetb.ie
- We do not transfer your personal data to a third country or international organisation. Certain companies who process personal data on behalf of CMETB may transfer personal data for processing outside the EU, however this will only be done with the agreement of CMETB and with the assurance that appropriate safeguarding measures are in place to protect the data. We will advise data subjects if their data is to be transferred outside the EU.
- We do not engage in automated decision making/profiling.
- Some personal data is only kept for a short period (e.g., we will destroy at the end of an academic year because it is no longer needed). Some data we retain for a longer period (e.g. retained after you leave or otherwise finish your studies with CMETB). For further information on the retention periods, please go to section 6 of our Data Protection Policy available at cmetb.ie
- You have the following statutory rights that can be exercised at any time:
- Right to complain to supervisory authority.
- Right of access.
- Right to rectification.
- Right to be forgotten.
- Right to restrict processing.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to object and automated decision making/profiling.
For further information, please see section (7) of our Data Protection Policy available at www.cmetb.ie , or alternatively contact our Data Protection Officer.